Friday, January 6, 2012

Faithful Fridays

So after a week of this blog being up you may be thinking I'm a slacker because I'm not here every day posting something like the real bloggers.  I have a full time job other than this, remember?  

However, I do have a plan.  Hello, it's me - the planaholic; I have a plan for everything and it usually entails some form of spreadsheet or PowerPoint presentation.  Since I have a plethora of interests it has been hard to narrow down exactly what to blog about.  I used to think I was awesome at most things, but I'm starting to realize I am average at most things and awesome at a few.  It's been a little upsetting; I received my first raise at a post graduate job by telling my boss that "salary.com says I am making the average salary commensurate with my experience, and I've never been average at anything, so why should I start now?"  Hey - it worked; he gave me a 18% raise. 
Anywho.  The plan...the plan is to provide a few weekly posts: (1) recipe of the week, (2) house hunting update with some form of "tip of the week," (3) something random or inspirational.  I suppose this is my something random.  I'm going to try to keep it "inspirational" as we could all use a little encouragement in our lives. 
Alright, I'll add inspiration for the day.  It's the beginning of the year, and we all have our list of resolutions, goals or self-improvement plans.  For those of you who do believe in the God of the Bible I would encourage you to include a Bible reading plan in your goal for this year.  There are so many resources out there.  My husband found this one Bible Reading Plans 2012 which contains multiple plan options from specific schedules for the whole year to more open ended ones.  From reading the whole Bible in one year, to reading the New Testament in one year, to reading as little as you like.  As a husband and wife we are doing the 52 week plan.  It mixes up the genres each day to keep it more interesting.  I love the idea of a chronological study, but I think Leviticus all at once is enough to put most of us to sleep.  However, it is a great reminder that we are blessed to not live under the old covenant; that works do not save us, and we are justified by faith alone.  More about justification by faith alone here: by R.C. Sproul
"Do not be conformed to this world but be transformed by the renewing of your mind..." Romans 12:2







No comments:

Post a Comment